Courier and delivery services are here to stay even as the pandemic fades due to the high demand of online retail businesses and other companies that require courier services. To ensure your courier business stands out and stays profitable, you must constantly find ways to improve your services and be updated with innovations.
Here are some important trends in the courier industry:
Businesses opt to purchase used trucks to reduce environmental impact. They’re not necessarily heavily used – most of these vehicles were rarely used by their previous owners, so you get the benefit of maximizing its lifespan as long as you ensure proper maintenance. Make sure to choose used truck dealers that offer quality second-hand trucks at a fair price.
It’s also worth considering affordable pre-owned trucks with the best gas mileage, so you get to reduce environmental impacts while having a great driving experience.
Fast and Convenient Service
Convenience and faster shipping are some of the customers’ most sought-after aspects in every delivery experience. They want to receive their orders fast and in good condition and expect a streamlined booking process on your website or app. Offer the best customer experience possible with these tips:
- Always Send Notifications or SMS Updates: Ensure your system has an integrated shipping notification process to let customers know when their deliveries will arrive. This way, you’ll also reduce the number of phone calls or emails from customers asking when their products will arrive. SMS notifications also help inform customers of specific delivery times, so they’ll be ready to accept their orders and avoid missing packages.
- Implement Same-Day Local Delivery: Same-day delivery is in high demand for most customers. It helps improve customer relationships, increases sales, and makes you gain a competitive advantage. Make sure you have effective processes in place like proper collection and cut-off time to deliver the parcels on time.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is key to building trust with your customers. Always fulfill your promises in delivering their parcels safely and on time so you’ll be their top choice when it comes to reliability.
Delivery subscriptions are another delivery trend that features various incentives to increase customer retention and loyalty. They are beneficial for your business as they allow for recurring revenue that increases the lifetime value of a customer.
Various technologies have impacted the courier industry by reinventing processes that encourage growth and stability. For example, courier management software helps in route optimization and monitoring and provides real-time updates for the dispatch team and the customers. This ensures accuracy and efficiency that streamlines business operations and meets customer expectations.
Here are other technological advancements in the courier industry:
- Drone Deliveries: This technology where drones are used to deliver packages is cost-effective, saves time, and conserves energy. It’s also beneficial in delivering food or medicine in remote areas during a calamity. Drones are also more sustainable as they consume less energy than an average vehicle, and they have little to no carbon dioxide emissions.
- GPS Software and Route Tracking: GPS tracking helps bridge the communication gap between couriers and dispatchers, increasing delivery efficiency. When drivers can map the route, it saves more time and fuel and ensures timely delivery, building customer trust and loyalty.
- Web-based Booking System: This advancement makes booking delivery slots easier and faster. It allows customers to track their parcels’ progress in real-time, and it’s easier to send packages back. This system leads to higher productivity, improved customer retention, and reduced delivery errors.
- Electric Bikes and Scooters: Slim and lightweight electric bikes and scooters help in quick deliveries, especially during the pandemic. These portable vehicles can be taken on public transportation and can go through narrow areas, so they ensure efficient deliveries. They’re also eco-friendly compared to other vehicles that emit harmful gases.
- Self-driving Vehicles: Self-driving or uncrewed vehicles are another remarkable innovation in the courier industry. Aside from their ability to travel efficiently due to their advanced systems, they can also help reduce car accidents and traffic congestion. Many tests have successfully deployed self-driving vehicles on the road, so we’ll be seeing more automated deliveries soon.
The delivery industry is currently thriving as it makes the movement of products more secure and efficient, especially during this pandemic. It’s important to prioritize innovation to make your processes more effective and attract and retain more customers. These trends will ensure that your business continues to offer top-notch delivery services and stay ahead of the competition.